Thursday, January 12, 2012

new places

So, we got all moved into our new place. Well, mostly moved it. It looks like a disaster! And, I'm still cleaning the old place! Never again will I clean a place when I leave... I'll pay someone!! Too much effort... would have been SO worth the money! Now I know!!
Anyhow- life on the 3rd floor is A-ok. There's a book by Iyanla Vanzant called "In the Meantime." This book changed my life. She talks about living our lives in the basement, cleaning house & moving up to the first floor, the second, third, and up to the attic where our true love waits- the kind where we love ourselves enough to know that that love is the only thing that's been missing all along. So, I feel like we were stuck between the basement & the first floor. We left behind a really wonderful space that served so many purposes. But so much has changed & shifted & ended & here we are- a new space, it's not Iowa, and it's on the third floor ...this holds much significance... I tell myself to make climbing all those stairs worth it!
Boys will be boys. And I've spent way too much time playing their games. I feel like everything up to this point has played a specific role. But, we've moved to a new place... it's 2012... I didn't run home, I'm taking time to ground & center... we're here... we're getting stronger & more authentic.
I'm ready to step into this. I'm ready to take a leap on this journey of transformation.

No comments:

Post a Comment