Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Do not cling..

to what you know! Do not cling to what you think or even what you hope! I believe it's necessary to stay open- free of the things that tie us down. The Universe has a way of surprising us.
If we cling to what we hope- we may miss out on a surprise that's even better than we could have ever dreamt!
And in the grand scheme of it all- our mind is so small- it only contains our experiences...or what we remember of our experiences... and if we don't leave our heart open, we may not receive the great gifts & experiences & wonder that awaits us.
I've gone back and forth on this move- I'm driving myself crazy.. like I usually do! Either way- things are going to be really hard- and in equal but very different ways. So, I can't chose the easy way out! What I have come to realize, however, is that I think I know the outcome of both scenarios. If I stay here things will be like *this* and if I go to Iowa then things will be like *that*. The truth is- I don't know- I don't have any idea. But, if I can stay positive & focus on what I do have & practice gratitude every day instead of focusing on what we don't have then the whole world is open & full of possibilities & surprises.
The only thing that matters is that we get to really know ourselves, that we take care of ourselves, and that we shine our lights as brightly as we possibly can- that we get out and truly live. We have to learn to let go- to let go of the past & of the notion that we have a future. All we have is this moment so there is no reason to carry bags in this moment because we do not need them here. There is no reason to cling to anything in this moment because when we cling- we typically forget to breathe and then miss the moment entirely- ...and then we die!:(
So, let go & dance & break your beaten up heart wide open. It matters not where in this world you are but that you live fully wherever you are.
Oh, and don't use the word "can't" I did a few times & by the end of the week- my daughter has started to use it & does so quiet frequently!! Those darn little people are our very best teachers & priceless mirrors. We CAN! We are perfectly capable! We might need a little help or a little rest or a little push, but we can- we are able!

No comments:

Post a Comment