Wednesday, September 28, 2011

I felt it...

I felt old. Just for a split second! And, it's not like I felt really old- it's just that I felt older! I'm nearly 31 but I don't feel much older than 23. So I was in a yoga class with a teacher who was about 24 & she appeared to be quite green. (not sick, or jealous, or whatever other thing the color green might lend itself too... just new!) Now, I tell myself it's probably because I am so advanced & mature in my practice (*ahem*)! I can't put my finger on it exactly but I had the feeling of 'what is this young girl going to teach me that I don't already know?!" And suddenly- I felt like my mom! I get it though. Age shouldn't be a thing...it is but a number. And we're all here to learn from & to teach one another. However, I'm starting to get it. I don't know if it's a respect thing or if it has to do with feelings of insecurity. Anyhow- just noting... letting it go... embracing any insecurity... holding space and gratitude and room for growth! Namaste.

2 comments:

  1. Eh. I feel you. Sometimes you just feel like, "Bitch, puhleeze... you don't know me... you don't know my life... get'out my face." I think that's okay. Maybe what we gain from the greenies is gratitude. We were just like that once. It's nice to grow more comfortable in our skins. And it is nice to be around folks who are discovering what the adventure is about. And, every once in a while, it's REALLY nice to see the distance you've covered. I love you and I think you're so amazing and strong and lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you. I love and appreciate all your wisdom & insight. And sometimes, I feel really green around you! You're sensational & I'm so glad to be your friend! xo PS- thanks for commenting on my posts.. you keep me goin girl!

    ReplyDelete